It’s July and my existence has been sixteen years of saying sorry before I speak. I’ve spent too many summer nights staying up late talking to boys that were staying up for other girls. I leave without saying goodbye. I’m in the middle of four different books. I can’t finish things.
I leave the shower with shampoo in my hair. I leave my keys in the lock. I say thank you when people say I love you. When people like me, I want to ask them why.
I’m sixteen and I’m too young to be worrying that no one will fall in love with me. I’m sixteen and I’ve spent a year in recovery figuring out that I don’t actually want to die because turning into a ghost won’t solve all my problems.
I never wanted to die, I just wanted to escape. So I tightened my fists, toughened my skin, took a deep breath and went straight through the storm to the other side.
Flash forward two months, I’ll be seventeen. I will no longer apologize for existing. I’ll be seventeen and it’s about time I told you I’m not sad anymore.
The thing they forget to tell you about storms is that even though you can’t see sunlight for miles, it’s still sunny somewhere else in the world."
— 8:52 a.m. (An autobiography of 16 years)
I am reading Harry Potter for the first time at 26 years old and sincerely regretting not doing it before I was a “responsible” adult with a full time job.
I don’t know who put Harry’s name in the Goblet of Fire, but you expect me to reply to all of these emails? You can’t be serious.
- 1: What is your favorite book?
- 2: What was the last book you read?
- 3: What is the worst book you've ever read?
- 4: Top 7 book characters.
- 5: What is your favorite genre?
- 6: Book you cried the hardest reading?
- 7: Book you laughed the hardest reading?
- 8: Which book character(s) do you most relate to?
- 9: Favorite author(s)?
- 10: Do you judge books by their covers?
- 11: What is your favorite quote from a book?
- 12: Which book do you recommend to friends and family most?
- 13: Which book is so special to you that you don't share it with others?
- 14: Do you have any signed books?
- 15: Have you met any authors?
- 16: Buy books new, used, or go to the library?
- 17: Where is your favorite place to read?
- 18: Prefer books set in the past or the future?
- 19: What 5 elements would your ideal book have?
- 20: Do you ever hope to publish your own book?
- 21: Prefer stand alone or series?
- 22: Do you mark/highlight/dog ear your books or keep them in perfect condition?
- 23: Hardbacks or paperbacks?
- 24: Do you watch any booktubers?
- 25: Have you read _______?
- 26: Do you like twist endings?
- 27: Do you reread books?
- 28: E-readers or physical copies of books?
- 29: A book that makes you feel comforted?
- 30: Would you rather read any ending that makes you feel happy or sad?
- 31: Favorite villain in a book?
- 32: Do you like to write reviews when you finish a book?
- 33: Do you experience "book hangovers"?
- 34: Favorite book cover(s)?
- 35: Send me a book recommendation?